Korean Chick’n Sandwich with Kimchi
There’s a NEW butcher in town and he’s serving up all theplant-based, oh-so-CRAZY crispy chicken products your palettecould desire! Don’t let the “plant-based” label fool you. Theseproducts are made with the highest-quality ingredients usingpea protein rather than soy based (hallelujah for the women inthe world) and have a secret ingredient that provides a chickenlike texture that will surprise you: bamboo!
Skinny Butcher is not your typical, run of the mill, plant-based line that is encouraging you to do yoga and give up your favorite dishes. Their mission is to bring mindfulness to the world, and to promote a flexitarian lifestyle. This means shifting 25% of our protein consumption away from animal proteins which in return will dramatically improve our planet’s carbon footprint. Now THAT’S a message I can get behind. I have tried all of their products (and more to come that are in the works!) and they are DELICIOUS. The flavor, texture, and crispiness are mouth watering and doesn’t make you feel any sacrifice for not eating the real meat deal.
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 4 Sandwiches 1x
4 Skinny Butcher Crazy Crispy Chicken Patties
4 sesame seed buns
for the korean glaze
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons gochujang
1 tablespoons mirin
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup kimchi
3 tablespoons kewpie mayo (this is a Japanese mayo, substitute
regular if desired)
Sliced dill or bread & butter pickles
1. Preheat your oven to 400˚F or if using the air fryer preheat to 375˚F. Follow the Skinny Butcher packaging instructions to bake your crispy chicken patties.
2. Make the glaze: Preheat a small pan over medium-low heat and add the sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Allow to simmer, while stirring, for about a minute or until fragrant. Whisk in the ketchup, gochujang, mirin and honey. Bring to a low simmer and allow to thicken for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the kimchi and the kewpie mayo.
4. Once the chicken patties are baked, carefully place one at a time into the glaze, turning to coat. Repeat until all are done.
5. Time to assemble! Place the romaine lettuce on the bottom bun, next layer on the Korean glazed chicken patty, top with the kimchi blend, finish with sliced pickles, add the top bun, take a HUGE bite and enjoy!!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: Sandwiches